According to the FCC Public notive below some CLEC’s are still fighting Verizon. It looks like this forbearance order slipped the cracks before without any action. Covad, Nuvox and XO are the original filer of the petition. Read the rest of this entry »
Covad Communications Group Reports Second Quarter 2007 Results
Company continues focus on growth and profitability;
Subscription Revenue from Growth Products increased by 31%
Financial and Business Highlights
• $120.6 million in net revenues
• 31 percent increase in subscription revenue from Growth products from the second quarter of 2006
• $4.3 million in A-EBITDA
• $11.6 million ($0.04 per share) net loss
• $6.5 million usage of cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments, and restricted cash and cash equivalents
• 8 percent reduction in workforce resulting in expected savings of approximately $5.5 million in the second half of 2007
• Launched Bonded T1 and the nation’s first standalone ADSL 2+ service for businesses
• Over 12,000 line-powered voice access subscribers added, an increase of approximately 51 percent from the first quarter of 2007
• 19 percent increase in wireless subscribers, to 3,600, from the second quarter of 2006; expanded wireless network footprint in Los Angeles Read the rest of this entry »
Covad Communications Group, Inc. (AMEX:DVW) will conduct a conference call to discuss Q2 2007 financial results on Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 5 p.m. eastern time / 2 p.m. pacific time. Read the rest of this entry »
The webcast of the annual meeting with Covad stockholders is available here: http://www.covad.com/about/investors.html.
A replay of the audiocast will be available through June 14 by dialing (800) 405-2236 and entering the passcode: 11090906#.
Highlights of the meeting:
- Re-election of L. Dale Crandall, Diana Leonard, and Robert Neumeister as Class II Directors with terms that expire at Covad’s 2010 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
- Approval of Covad’s 2007 Equity Incentive Plan, replacing Covad’s 1997 Stock Plan.
- Ratification of the appointment of PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP as Covad’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2007.
Covad Communications Group Inc., (AMEX:DVW), a leading national provider of integrated voice and data communications, today announced it has launched the nation’s first standalone ADSL2+ business solution. The service, available in 11 major markets, provides small businesses and home offices with faster data speeds to power bandwidth-intensive applications such as file-sharing and video conferencing. Read the rest of this entry »
Covad announced today that it has entered into a partnership with San Jose-based DiscoverIT, a leading provider of managed wireless high-speed Internet access to hotels,restaurants, and other hospitality industry venues.
Discover IT will utilize Covad’s next-generation network and business-class broadband solutions to serve leading hotel companies such as Holiday Inn Express, the Pacific Group of Hotels, and the American Hotel Group. Read the rest of this entry »