NuVox Communications announced the launch of VoxNET, its comprehensive suite of Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)-based networking solutions. VoxNET, designed exclusively for small and medium-sized business customers, is now available in all of NuVox’s markets in the Southeast and Midwest.
“Easy, cost-effective networking solutions are extremely important to any multi-location business,” commented Jim Akerhielm, Chief Executive Officer of NuVox Communications. “At NuVox, our business is keeping our customers connected, and VoxNET offers significant advantages over other products in the marketplace. Plus, since NuVox has focused solely on the needs of business customers since our inception, we know what business customers need.”
VoxNET utilizes NuVox’s Cisco-powered MPLS core private network, and allows customers to communicate seamlessly across multiple business locations. This service offers NuVox customers a more advanced networking solution with greater business benefits and capabilities, including:
- SCALABILITY. VoxNET’s fully meshed network provides the ability to quickly add, move, or change sites without having to reconfigure customer premise equipment (CPE). By using NuVox’s MPLS-based technology, all complex routing configurations are handled within the NuVox network.
- FLEXIBILITY. Fewer outages and less downtime occur because no single business location is dependent on a single “hub” or host. If one route is unavailable for any reason, traffic is rerouted dynamically with no negative impact.
- QUALITY OF SERVICE (QOS). VoxNET supports quality of service requirements for real-time applications such as voice and video, and also improves efficiencies by integrating voice, video, data, and Internet applications.
- SECURITY. VoxNET is designed with security in mind, providing multiple layers of defense that are superior to that of a frame relay or ATM network.
- PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE. VoxNET performance is backed by NuVox’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) which offers industry-leading SLAs for latency, packet loss, and jitter. In addition, an online management portal allows customers to monitor real-time network performance and individual site statistics.
“With VoxNET, we’re truly optimizing the strengths of NuVox’s network. Our OC-48 data transmission capability with resilient packet ring technology directly strengthens our networking and IP solutions,” added Keith Coker, Chief Technology Officer for NuVox Communications. “Using an MPLS-based network delivers an extremely high level of performance, and optimizes the routing of our customers’ traffic through our network.”
About NuVox Communications:NuVox Communications provides voice, data, and security services to business customers in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Tennessee. These services are provided through advanced Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, and Sonus technology. NuVox’s VoIP products, including VoxIP and VoxNET, are delivered via technology from Cisco, Sonus, Sylantro, IP Unity, and Acme Packet. For more information, visit www.NuVox.com.